Gross Motor Development Between Ages 2 and 3
- Walks or runs in a straight line
- Jumps off the floor with both feet
- Walks up and down stairs, alternating feet
- Bends over easily without falling
- Can dress herself with some help
What You Can Do:
- Tricycle riding (with safety gear!)
- Try not to limit your child’s physical activity even when it makes you nervous that they may hurt themselves
- Remember that your child is still very young—try not to expect your child to be able to do things beyond what’s normal for their age.
Try not to compare yourself to other parents or your child to other children. Some children do things earlier than others.
Content created in partnership with